193 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This territory type (scenario_type in XML) needs to be introduced as soon as possible.

How else can a board combine normal player eliminations (the ones that give elimination bonus and cards to the eliminator) with random territory allocations, on a board with hidden player owned territories?

2. #2 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Add to the list of ..well, probably hundreds of requests on the designer side alone.  Besides, there is probably a different, more powerful feature already suggested that would go a ways towards helping you accomplish what you want.  So what exactly does "unset" do?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Mon 20th Mar 21:04 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

"Token Territories" comes to mind

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Aye, token territories would also accomplish what I requested in the first post, since then I wouldn't have to set every territory in the playboard to capital and could leave them to Unset.

Wasn't you who wrote the wiki on the Design tab? There, Unset is defined as a territory that will randomly go to a player or neutral.

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=designer_tutorials:board_designer:design

Why haven't token territories been implemented yet? I can't see it taking much time to code. Just create a class for Token similar to the Allocated class and regarding territory count and its influence on territory bonus and elimination, subtract those of the token type to the total count. Same could be done for unit count.

Edited Mon 20th Mar 22:32 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:

Aye, token territories would also accomplish what I requested in the first post, since then I wouldn't have to set every territory in the playboard to capital and could leave them to Unset.

Wasn't you who wrote the wiki on the Design tab? There, Unset is defined as a territory that will randomly go to a player or neutral.

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=designer_tutorials:board_designer:design

Hah - Looks like I did write a substantial part of that particular page but that page has little to do with what we're talking about, right?  It's just a basic tutorial.

Why haven't token territories been implemented yet? I can't see it taking much time to code. Just create a class for Token similar to the Allocated class and regarding territory count and its influence on territory bonus and elimination, subtract those of the token type to the total count. Same could be done for unit count.

Unfortunately, Tom's creative energies seem to be focused elsewhere these days. He has done a great job of keeping the site up and running, but hasn't written substantive code on the designer side of things for at least a few years now - nor is he willing to entrust someone with any coding duties. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any new features.  Tom has suggested on the record that "Token Territories," which is as close to forum consensus for being at the top of the designer list as it gets - is much more complicated to implement than just writing a few lines.

Edited Mon 20th Mar 22:48 [history]

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Hah - Looks like I did write a substantial part of that particular page but that page has little to do with what we're talking about, right?  It's just a basic tutorial.

It does because what I meant as Unset Capitals would be territories that would be randomly assigned to a player or neutral, but be capitals.

M57 wrote:

Unfortunately, Tom's creative energies seem to be focused elsewhere these days. He has done a great job of keeping the site up and running, but hasn't written substantive code on the designer side of things for at least a few years now - nor is he willing to entrust someone with any coding duties. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any new features.  Tom has suggested on the record that "Token Territories," which is as close to forum consensus for being at the top of the designer list as it gets - is much more complicated to implement than just writing a few lines.

Why doesn't he share the source code with a restricted group? Make them sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement if needed be. I don't mean giving them the power to change the code directly, just read access and then the members of that team could propose code to be implemented.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)