194 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 27
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

there's a radio button when you create a link that says pop up in new window or not.

as to RB's post, i agree, which is part of the reason i haven't joined it. other than maybe having others see that i joined something (and not sure if it does or not - i assume its like becoming a fan of something else) there really isn't a point. and i didn't want to clog this place with a bunch of losers... :^)

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

2. #22 / 27
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Oatworm wrote: The only way it would make sense would be if Tom posted new feature updates or something similar. Past that, I have to agree with Risky, there's not much of a point otherwise, other than to have yet another outlet to brag.

This. However, if done correctly with the updates it could work quite well. Even just a once a week or two thing would be enough to keep people interested. Other than that though, the group itself certainly would never really get visited or anything like that.

3. #23 / 27
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

You could right click and click "open in new window/tab"

I like the idea of the Facebook group because it's a huge market. As long as it comes up when you search for risk or something, the more members the better. For all of the people who played ATTACK! or whatever it was called, and hated it. They can find Wargear via Facebook and join the ranks.

On a side note, I'm a little disgusted that Facebook is not considered a spelling error.

4. #24 / 27
    Standard Member TKDave
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I like pizza

5. #25 / 27
    Premium Member Bake
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote: You could right click and click "open in new window/tab"

I like the idea of the Facebook group because it's a huge market. As long as it comes up when you search for risk or something, the more members the better. For all of the people who played ATTACK! or whatever it was called, and hated it. They can find Wargear via Facebook and join the ranks.

On a side note, I'm a little disgusted that Facebook is not considered a spelling error.

Edward has a point here, if anyone is still reading this thread; the chance of Facebook getting new members for WG is a decent avenue of free advertisement. Sure there can be postings on the wall and such  but where we might get new players is when someone roams your FB page and see's you're a member of WG then it might get their curiosity/attention to click on a link and discover this site. As long as we supply a link on our FB page for this site then we may gain new players. Unless of course the only people looking at your FB page is you and your dog then maybe we won't. But seriously I believe the idea worth the trouble. 

I love pizza!

6. #26 / 27
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Picking up disgruntled ATTACK! players would be a very worthwhile endeavor.

It's a trap!

7. #27 / 27
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I posted a little plug on the ATTACK! forums.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)