205 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Min Lei
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Has anyone had the problem of armies disappearing off the board between turns?  I placed 10 armies on each of my cities. Then when I went back to the game following the next turn, one of the cities only had 5 armies on it.  i watched the history, and there was no attack on teh city, and there was also no record of me ever putting the armies on, but i know I did.  I'm confused.  The only thing I can think of is that the game glitched to either a) not record the fortify, of b) when I was indecisivley placing and removing it gave me too many troops to place with, and corrected itself afterwards.

Any thoughts?

Edited Tue 25th Jun 15:44 [history]

2. #2 / 7
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Glitches in history are quite common. Glitches on the board are not so common.

Scenario b (or something like that) is quite likely. It may have appeared that you placed 5 units on the city. For some reason it didn't record that, and it seemed to you that you placed a further 5 units giving a total placement of 10. While in reality only the second placement of 5 was counted. And the first faulty one was never counted.

Maybe you can link us to the game.

3. #3 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I'm guessing this is the fogged Civil Way game he is in - so we can't look at history and verify it until the game is over.

The two glitches I run into is a) when i indecisively add and take away armies on territories before finalizing my placement the count gets off. So, if I think this is happening I will reload the page and do placements over again. and b) history can be wonky - especially when first loaded. A trick is that when you first load history first use the left arrow and go back when step. This does something to reset something and it will correct the unit counts. 

My guess is you ran into a) here and didn't really put the units on in the first place even though you thought you did. (which was your "b" hypothesis). 

We  have never run into a situation where units have disappeared between turns.

4. #4 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Also I see your note in the Manifest Destiny game -

In Civil War "return to attack after fortify" is "on" so you can fortify and go back to attacking.

In Manifest Destiny "return to attack after fortify" is "off" so once you fortify you cannot go back and attack - and after 2 fortifies your turn is over.  This is the "normal" setting and is in line with how the original RISK game was played.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Min Lei
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Also I see your note in the Manifest Destiny game -

In Civil War "return to attack after fortify" is "on" so you can fortify and go back to attacking.

In Manifest Destiny "return to attack after fortify" is "off" so once you fortify you cannot go back and attack - and after 2 fortifies your turn is over.  This is the "normal" setting and is in line with how the original RISK game was played.

thanks.  yeah, i figured out the fortify thing quickly the hard way lol.  I probably need to have a paid membership to turn the "return to attack" option on?  

and to your other comment above, that makes sense.  I think in all the adding and subracting some armes were "left on" the space that had actually been taken off, and it tricked me.  I'll use the refresh in the future if I smell something fishy.

appreciate you guys responding, thanks.

6. #6 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

> I probably need to have a paid membership to turn the "return to attack" option on?  

Paid membership won't give you any extra abilities in game if that's what you are asking. 

These rules are set by the map maker based on the scenario, and so whoever creates a game chooses the scenario and the rules are tied to whatever scenario is chosen.

7. #7 / 7
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Min Lei wrote:

I probably need to have a paid membership to turn the "return to attack" option on?  

To be clear, paid membership gives no game related advantages to a Premium Members.  What it does do is give them ready access to data - things like troop count, luck stats, etc.  And even there, the data given is all information that a Standard member can mine from simply looking at the board and/or watching the history and doing the math themselves.  Premium membership also enables players to have more than 10 games open at a time, which could be construed as an advantage if you're looking to work your way up in the standings.

There are a few more features, but none of them offer an actual game-play advantage..

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=general:help:premium_membership

Edited Wed 26th Jun 06:48 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)