211 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

OK, so, I was starting to play with the Native player like a good little post-flash prepper.

But now, when I click on Native player, I'm asked to load flash? and I appear to still be seeing the game in flash mode, not in the native player mode. :( 

What did I do wrong? Do I need to log out/in? Clear my browser? Not sure.

2. #2 / 16
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

What board?   Because there are some boards that FORCE you to use Flash because they they don't play properly in the native player.   It might be that.

3. #3 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Must be an issue on my end. I have 6 turns open to play, and they all direct me to the Flash player: World War, Vikings, Wargear Warfare, Colossal, and Bear River . . . I know many of these work in the Native player. 

I'll post back as I figure it out. :)

4. #4 / 16
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I know that I've played native on all of those.  I would propose that you clear your browser history and clear your cache (just for posterity).

To clear cache:   Go to your profile and look on the bottom row of your profile there should be a link to clear your cache.

Maybe one of those will help

5. #5 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

I know that I've played native on all of those.  I would propose that you clear your browser history and clear your cache (just for posterity).

To clear cache:   Go to your profile and look on the bottom row of your profile there should be a link to clear your cache.

Maybe one of those will help

Great advice, but neither worked. The craziest bit is that I can use the native player on my phone, with Chrome and other browsers, but using chrome or firefox on this windows machine is defaulting somehow to the flash player. :(  Time for a deep search on the internets.  Thanks again. If I solve the issue, then I'll post what fixed it.

Edited Mon 14th Dec 17:34 [history]

6. #6 / 16
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

You should be able to turn Flash off in Chrome, I haven't used Firefox in quite some time.

Chrome: Go to the "Customize and control" (the 3 dots) > Settings >Site Settings  (under Privacy and Security) > Content > Flash

You can block it, or tell it to ask first.

Have you closed the browser window and restarted it at all?

7. #7 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thanks, hootz72. I did just about everything, including your suggestions.  After reading your message, I even tried to uninstall/reinstall  Chrome . . . it didn't work. I'm still seeing the "Download Flash Player" message even though the website is for the native player, not the player=flash site. . . (tried to add image, but it was too large.)

At the moment, I'm blaming my Windows device. Really appreciate the ideas, gang. I will hopefully not lose my mind over this bug.

8. #8 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Alright, I achieved some success. If anyone else runs into this problem where your browser is sending you to flash regardless of whether you select flash or Native player, here's what I did.

In your profile, you can change your default player from flash to native. Well, that only reorganizes which button comes first Flash/Native <--> Native/Flash.

No idea why this mattered, but when I switched my preference from Flash to Native, everything worked just perfectly.

Here's how, in Wargear.net:
    Go to Settings -->
    Go to Player  -->

Under Game Player/Player Default,

select "Native Player"

9. #9 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

curious. thanks for the info. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #10 / 16
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Spider wrote:

Thanks, hootz72. I did just about everything, including your suggestions.  After reading your message, I even tried to uninstall/reinstall  Chrome . . . it didn't work. I'm still seeing the "Download Flash Player" message even though the website is for the native player, not the player=flash site. . . (tried to add image, but it was too large.)

At the moment, I'm blaming my Windows device. Really appreciate the ideas, gang. I will hopefully not lose my mind over this bug.

After giving it more thought I realize now that the message you were seeing is the one that I see when I try to use the Flash player for the charts, I would trigger it by clicking on the Flash Player option on a given game within my Games List. Enable it by using that same Download message and then I have the charts. Gonna miss them.

Glad to see it got resolved which counts as a well deserved victory.

But we really want to know if you apologized to  your Windows device?

;)

11. #11 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Oof, I've learned to be a better person through winning and losing on this site over the years . . . not sure I'm ready to apologize to my windows device. ;)

12. #12 / 16
    Colonel ogg ogg is offline now
    Premium Member ogg
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have the same issue if I click the "Native Player" from within the game page.  If I click the Native Player directly from the games list it loads correctly.

13. #13 / 16
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

ogg wrote:

I have the same issue if I click the "Native Player" from within the game page.  If I click the Native Player directly from the games list it loads correctly.

Did you try what hootz replied to you in the other thread?

Change your default player to native.

http://www.wargear.net/settings/player

14. #14 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Ogg, Definitely try to change your default player. It worked for me.

I’ve been playing in flash mode forever, but after a few weeks of native player, I really don’t mind it so much. Hope you feel the same after a bit. Good luck!

Edited Sun 10th Jan 00:26 [history]

15. #15 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This should all be working fine now; the Native player player is automatically enabled for all games. Any problems please let me know.

16. #16 / 16
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thanks, Tom! 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)