Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Private dfx dfx is offline now
    Standard Member dfx
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hi, I’be designed a board and it was played by mods, but it has stalled out. I can’t get an answer or know what the next steps are. It’s Called a Battle for Edmonton.

It’s designed to be a large map with lots of players. I used the city map to and immunities to build out the territories.

The mods who played it all had positive feedback, that was back in Feb of this year, and now everyone has gone dark. Any suggestions on what I can do next?

Thanks

2. #2 / 6
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Have you officially submitted it for review?

3. #3 / 6
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Review game here: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/788564

It looks like there was (good, in my opinion) feedback to reduce the size of the board graphic and submit again. I agree that it needs to be scaled down quite a bit, as currently even with a 24" monitor I have to scroll both L/R and U/D to see the whole thing. My guess is that Weatherop and RiskyBack assumed you would adjust the graphics and resubmit, hence why they didn't approve it as is.

4. #4 / 6
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Looks like a fun map.  I definitely agree that it shouldn't pass until it is made into a much smaller size, which I realize is a PITA. I thought this was discussed here in the forums at some depth many years ago, but I just checked the guidelines and I don't see map size specifically mentioned as a consideration in the review section.  It probably should be added.

I did find this on the Designer Workshop page:

The maximum board image size at present is 1.5MB. In general you should look at restricting your board size to 1024×768 pixels as anything bigger than that will mean players with smaller monitors will need to scroll around to play the game.

Edited Mon 4th Oct 12:58 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Typically (an unwritten custom), it is on the shoulders of the Review game winner (assuming it wasn't the developer) to click on approval. However, in this case Kjeld is correct - no one was going to approve it without shrinking the board size. 

Overall the rest of the play/borders/etc were all great; just the size needed addressed. But dfx needs to keep in mind that while doing that, there will likely be some compromises that would need to dealt with (mostly around the smaller territories that would be difficult to deal with at a smaller size). So take a look at that, bring back any questions here before submitting again. Can always invite a couple of us to a play test once you think you've gotten it ready again. 

And thanks dfx for coming here to ask, it's been some time since then and I can imagine you felt a bit abandoned (i think i would have). No one here wants that to be the case; perceived or realized...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Wed 6th Oct 13:47 [history]

6. #6 / 6
    Private dfx dfx is offline now
    Standard Member dfx
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I’ll reduce the size and re-submit.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)