229 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm playing a team game on Pern: The Southern Continent, and even though the settings of the board state "Team Factory Production: On" there don't seem to be any factory units assigned to team members when one person owns a "major hold" and the other a "minor hold".

Are we misunderstanding how this settings operates?

Chele

2. #2 / 5
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That doesn't seem right. According to the wiki ( https://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=designer_tutorials:tutorials:factories:factories):

If Team Factory Production setting is ON, the units are also placed in the target territory if owned by a teammate.

Edited Mon 22nd Jan 11:33 [history]

3. #3 / 5
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I've never seen team factory production work anywhere, have anyone else seen it? If so which board?

4. #4 / 5
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:I've never seen team factory production work anywhere, have anyone else seen it? If so which board?

Me niether, and I'm pretty sure I tested it out on one of my designs at least once.

If it did or does work, I've always wondered how.. Does it mean that if teammates collectively control a continent, they all get the bonus for that continent on thier turns? Or do all teamates get a bonus if one member of the team controls the continent.. Or perhaps it applies only to factories?

5. #5 / 5
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    If it did or does work, I've always wondered how.. Does it mean that if teammates collectively control a continent, they all get the bonus for that continent on thier turns? Or do all teamates get a bonus if one member of the team controls the continent.. Or perhaps it applies only to factories?

From the wiki explanation, I believe the way it's *supposed* to work is that if one player on the team owns all the member territories of a factory continent, then it will place on all target territories that are owned by any member of the team.

I do not believe it allows a team to collectively own the member territories -- if this worked, then we should also have a setting for team ownership of standard continents (e.g., a team could collectively own the Asia continent on the standard WarGear Warfare map). The reason I think this setting is not allows is that it introduces ambiguity of who gets the bonus and when. In the above scenario, the units clearly accrue at the beginning of the turn of the player who owns all the member territories, so there shouldn't be any ambiguity.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)