201 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I've never understood the "Top Tournament Players" list that appears on the Tournaments page -- I have no doubt that I'll never come near the top, but I'm still curious as to how it works.

Specifically ... how is the 'Score' determined?

2. #2 / 7
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

There is a separate ranking score for tournaments for each map. If you check your profile>stats>regular>tournament you will see your tournament ranking score for the maps you have played in tournaments along with the other stats from your tourney play. The same ratios are used for win/loss ranking score changes using both your and your opponents' tournament ranking score as in the regular ranking. And after all that babbling I thought to check the Wiki, smh.

https://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=general:help:tournament_rankings

"Just sayin', it's easy to get humble around here."

3. #3 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

You can get the same list (but expanded out for everybody) by going to the "Rankings" tab and clicking on the "Tourney Score" column.

You are currently in 86th place, which is nearer the top than I am.

https://www.wargear.net/rankings/show/Board%20Championship/3/?&sortfield=rank_tscore

4. #4 / 7
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:You can get the same list (but expanded out for everybody) by going to the "Rankings" tab and clicking on the "Tourney Score" column.

You are currently in 86th place, which is nearer the top than I am.

https://www.wargear.net/rankings/show/Board%20Championship/3/?&sortfield=rank_tscore" target="_blank"> https://www.wargear.net/rankings/show/Board%20Championship/3/?&sortfield=rank_tscore

That puts the OP in the top 2% all time.*

• - Based upon the 4,643 players listed on the Rankings page regardless of whether they played in any tournaments.

5. #5 / 7
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I managed 3rd on that list during my best streak of good luck, only behind berickf and Toto (Andernut was a bit further down at that time). The best way to fight for top honours that one is to avoid all "chance" boards, which is what berickf did, playing only the really difficult ones where skill more easily trumps luck. Playing everything like Babbalouie does will put you further back. Obviously he prefers aiming for most trophies, which he has with a solid margin atm.

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the info, all!

FWIW, the question came about because [a] I had read how tournament rankings worked (at a couple of times in the past), and [b] it turns out that I spend almost all of my time on this board with Wargear on my portrait-mode monitor. I cannot recall ever looking at the tournaments page on my landscape monitor.

Thus ... this is what I was seeing and it was confusing the bejeezus out of me at the time I posted my comment (which was at midnight) -- late nights = poorer comprehension! :-)

Note that the page doesn't give me a horizontal scroll bar, so other than the chopped off "Scor" heading and missing sidebar (but *corners* were there), I just didn't clue in to moving the screen to landscape :-)

7. #7 / 7
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

So, in other words.... size matters?? Got it!

"Just sayin', it's easy to get humble around here."

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)