191 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

How would you know if someone was using A.I., or any software, to kick your ass?

How much would it matter to you if someone was using IT to win?

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I mean, I guess machine learning could master Risk, but unless you are playing pretty vanilla boards I am skeptical the data set is large enough to train on. The rule set really matters and the pathways between territories are unique for each board.

Put another way, outside of the standard Risk board, I think this is a hard problem. It would be more impressive (to me) than beating you manually. So I personally would not mind and would want to hear from the bot maker how they approached the problem.

On the standard risk board, less impressive, kind of annoying.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

And what would the fun be in winning games, tournaments using AI? I would think the type of dude that would do such a thing would be pretty shallow and empty inside to even contemplate that. The fun of playing risk is in matching wits with others.

4. #4 / 5
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I wouldn't know, I'd just think it was a very strong player, winning more against me than losing. Ofc he wouldn't win every time. It's a dice game after all. AI wouldn't get better dice or initial territory placement.

As for what I'd feel, well, let's just say I wouldn't play that player again. I enjoy human to human(s).

Currently I think it would be hard to find specific help, and if you're good enough to make it yourself you'd likely get excellent results without it.

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member zdisabled_5a0dd511
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Using AI to win a game would almost be as shallow as knowing a player refuses to play you and then continuously joining games against them to boost your own score because they would rather forfeit than play you.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)