190 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Since I'm still relatively new to the site and couldn't find any answers to my questions on vacation, I thought I'd ask them here.

1. If your vacation time goes beyond your premium membership, do you automatically lose your vacation status once you lose your premium status?  For example, let's say my membership ends March 27th but I'll be out of town until March 29th and have set my vacation accordingly.  Does my vacation status end March 27th or will it be valid through March 29th?
    2. How long does it take to cancel your vacation status if it's no longer needed?  For example, if I plugged in the wrong end date and clicked cancel to remove it, should it be immediately removed or does it have to be accepted by an admin first?

~StepOnMe - there's none like her!

2. #2 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

StepOnMe wrote:
    2. How long does it take to cancel your vacation status if it's no longer needed?  For example, if I plugged in the wrong end date and clicked cancel to remove it, should it be immediately removed or does it have to be accepted by an admin first?

When I've used the Cancel it is removed immediately, and that's the way it should work I believe.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

3. #3 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ditto to #2.

#1 is a question for tom. i would think that it should last. my thinking: since you're gone on vacation and you don't get any notice of when it expires, then you wouldn't be able to re-up until you get back.

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

4. #4 / 14
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Just don't cancel it before you take your turns I assume?

5. #5 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

but that's the question. if premium ran out before vacation time ends, does vacation time run out too, making it such that you can't make your moves before you vacation time is done.

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

6. #6 / 14
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The autoskip/boot script doesn't check your account type, it just looks for your vacation setting. So in other words it keeps running past the end of your premium membership.

7. #7 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i don't think that answers the question.

premiums get more vacation tho than standard right? if one were in that extra time when premium expired, would the extra vacation expire as well.

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

8. #8 / 14
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I don't think standard members have vacation because I think that's just a benefit for premium members. I think what Tom is saying is that if you set vacation before your premium expires, then the autoskip/boot script simply sees that you're "on vacation" even after your premium expires.

But you do have a valid question, weathertop. Let's say I still have 20 days of vacation available and my premium account is going to expire in 5 days. If I set my vacation status to use the remaining 20 days, then I won't be autoskipped/booted for at least an additional 15 days after my premium expires.

So what I think weathertop is asking is, is it possible to set vacation days for multiple dates in anticipation of possibly losing those days upon premium expiration? Using the same scenario above, rather than being forced to use all 20 days at once, would it be possible to split them up into 3 days here, 7 days there, 10 days here so that the 7 & 10 day vacations could be used even after premium expiration?

9. #9 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ah i thought standard got a week and premium got a month or something. didn't see it in the help file.

but yes the question still remains (wasn't asking anything like Step's third paragraph, but that is an interesting ability if one could).

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

10. #10 / 14
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

StepOnMe wrote:

So what I think weathertop is asking is, is it possible to set vacation days for multiple dates in anticipation of possibly losing those days upon premium expiration? Using the same scenario above, rather than being forced to use all 20 days at once, would it be possible to split them up into 3 days here, 7 days there, 10 days here so that the 7 & 10 day vacations could be used even after premium expiration?

Yes, you could do this...  of course you wouldn't be able to cancel the vacations once you lost premium so you'd be stuck with whatever you set (you can't join / start games or tournaments whilst you're on vacation)

11. #11 / 14
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Works for me.  Personally, if I'm on vacation I probably won't be wanting to start or join games/tournaments anyway.  Smile

Thanks for the clarifications!

Edited Thu 25th Mar 11:59 [history]

12. #12 / 14
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:  (you can't join / start games or tournaments whilst you're on vacation)

Um, I was able to join two games while I've been on vacation.  Was there a glitch or did I just get lucky?  {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

13. #13 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

StepOnMe wrote:
    tom wrote:  (you can't join / start games or tournaments whilst you're on vacation)

Um, I was able to join two games while I've been on vacation.  Was there a glitch or did I just get lucky?  {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Hehe, I was wondering about that too :P

Easter - The celebration of death, of resurrection, of life, and of a promise fulfilled.

14. #14 / 14
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ah. Yes, that will be fixed shortly :)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)