178 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Morbo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

In the status column of the game list there is no indicator that you have been eliminated from a game.  It just says "Live" (Yes, I know you can filter out the games in which you are eliminated). Currently the only way to tell if you have been eliminated is to hover over the player squares to find yourself and see if you have an X.  I think the status column should say something like "Live, Eliminated".  Also, maybe there could be some sort of indicator if you have been eliminated but your team is still alive.

Kittens give Morbo gas.

2. #2 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sure good idea.

3. #3 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What about just changing the color of the Live letters to Green if still live, Yellow if eliminated but Team Alive (if team game), Red if you eliminated (and team eliminated if team game).
    Perhaps less intuitive at first (and wouldn't want to be bulky, I like that it's easy to identify Your Turn links so attempt to keep that), but I think visually it may look better (the [Eliminated] looks cramped).

Easter - The celebration of death, of resurrection, of life, and of a promise fulfilled.
    Edited Tue 30th Mar 09:52 [history]

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member Morbo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I like how it looks after tom's fix. I dont think it looks any more cramped than other statuses such as "Your team lost" or "Yertle won".

I think getting into color coding everything could get in the way of the clarity of the "Your Turn" entries. On the fly, the only thing you care about standing out is "Your Turn". All other statuses are just for sorting purposes so it doesnt matter if they dont stand out.

Kittens give Morbo gas.

5. #5 / 7
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I agree. One game status is color-coded to stand out, and that's the most important distinction to retain.

Morbo wrote: I like how it looks after tom's fix. I dont think it looks any more cramped than other statuses such as "Your team lost" or "Yertle won".

I have never seen either of these.

It's a trap!

6. #6 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

On the Fly it's best to just click the Your Turn list anyhow isn't it?

There is a bug, looks like when a game is Terminated it also has the [Eliminated] tag to it.

I think I'd still like color coding, but it's really an eh visual thing, so whichever.

Easter - The celebration of death, of resurrection, of life, and of a promise fulfilled.

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Morbo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I have never seen either of these.

Me either.  I just thought I would boost Yertle's spirits after crushing his color coding dreams :)

Kittens give Morbo gas.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)