2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Personal Gripe:
    Developers and over-inviting players to games!  I check the site pretty often, I generally only play invitation games, and I get all kinds of invites to games, which is awesome, but I'll log in 2 hours after an invitation and the game is full!  So I click multiple game-invite links and find that each game has already started.  And all the familiar faces are in it, so it makes me more unhappy about said over-inviting.

Gripe finished.

2. #2 / 11
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

As a counter: as a developer, being able to over-invite and get a bunch of active people to quickly start and play a game is high on the list of best things ever.

...danger zone...!

3. #3 / 11
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Sorry Ander, I'll start another one and invite you again!

EDIT: I only over-invited by 1 this time, so you've got a better chance this time Wink

Edited Mon 5th Apr 21:40 [history]

4. #4 / 11
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Seriously, over-inviting is incredibly awesome for getting your Dev game started quickly and giving players a chance to play or pass on the board and not left high and dry when one of the people you invited doesn't want to play.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I also sometimes wish I had gotten into a game that filled up too quickly, but I definitely see how beneficial over-inviting is.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

6. #6 / 11
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It really does help when a designer is trying to get a quick turnaround on a test game.

7. #7 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yes, I understand these are test games for the developers and not free for alls against all the fun players lol. Everyone is just faster than me and I log on every few hours!

8. #8 / 11
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Last time I checked the Turn Poller will alert you to Review games that you've been invited to. I'm not sure about Dev games though since I haven't had it active lately (not many games), but I think it will if you have Dev game invites active in your settings.

-John Hancock-

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I've never used turn poller, I might try it out but I tend not to install anything on my computer that I don't need.

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Turn poller doesn't really work for me anyway since WG refuses to keep me logged in.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

11. #11 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ah, yes, I guess it won't work for me then either, I use several computers depending on which one is convenient for me at the time.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)