205 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Angusjustice
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I was playing a realtime game with Lord Edgar this afternoon and I was unable to continue the game so I told him Thks and GG easy win for him, then he calls me a dick! and says now he gotta wait ten minutes until I Borg. He was taking 8-9 min turns for each turn. What did I do to deserve this treatment? Should I expect to be treated like this on this site, A.J.

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Lord_Edgar appears to be one of the special children. He just likes to harass other players and be a douche. Every site is bound to have a few of them. I wouldn't worry about it. You've seen that most of us here just wanna play games and make maps and respect other people who feel the same.
    A lot of other people have had issues with him. I haven't run into him yet but I'm sure I will and then I'll just be sure he is taken out of the game early. He also doesn't really seem to be that good of a player.

P.S. You having a RT game this weekend?

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

3. #3 / 10
    Standard Member Angusjustice
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah I hear you Risky the funny thing was I was winning the game when I quit so I thought he would have been releaved that's all. And yes I am having another realtime game this weekend I might try sat and sun at 5pm again last week was a blast. Cheers!

4. #4 / 10
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Don't worry about anything Lord-edgar says. Risky said it best - that guy rides the short bus.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

5. #5 / 10
    Standard Member jarpan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah I have had a number of issues with him. He has made some really abusive comments (worst than being called a "dick"), he even leaves abusive comments on my page which I have deleted :(

6. #6 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What happened to the Report Abuse button idea, which essentially generates an e-mail sent to Tom or Yertle or whoever? It's already kind of outlined in the terms and conditions, but I don't see it as it is described (It's in the forums, but not in games).

There is a 'Report this post' link on every message posted on these forums and if members have any concerns over the content of a message, they should bring it to the attention of the forum moderators using this link.

The site administrators and forum moderators of WarGear.net have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or posting for any reason. The site administrators may temporarily suspend or permanently block access to any user account and/or the entire site by anyone found abusing these conditions.

Any abuse of these terms should be reported to [email protected] or through the use of the 'Report' function detailed above.

If this guy has crossed the line as clearly as alleged, then it should be verifiable, especially if he's been asked to stop. (Angus, have you sent a PM to Tom?)  If your claims hold up, LE should get a cease and desist message from on high.  Once is probably enough, ..then outahere.   He's a premium member with a decent record to defend so he has something to lose.

Looking a bit closer at the issue, certainly there is grey area.  In a private game, with players who are comfortable with each other and no one is offended, the line can and does blur a bit. But like my mamma told me, "When the girl says 'No', it means no." 

I think I've mentioned this before, but eventually the forums should not be the (standard) place for us to be airing this kind of laundry.  There are rules for abuse, but the enforcement mechanism needs tweaked and members need to see that they are consistently enforced.

Edited Sun 13th Jun 09:07 [history]

7. #7 / 10
    Standard Member Genkiwi
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

This is what Lord_Edgar wrote on my page.................You can all go there and look if you don't believe me! I do admit that I called him a Homo but that was after her was taunting me :(

He wrote "UR DAD IS THE HOMO, TAKES U UP THE BUM EVERY NITE THEN TAKES UR MUM UP THE ASS,,, U LOVE IT"

this is completely inappropriate!

What can I do?

8. #8 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What can I do?

PM Tom.

9. #9 / 10
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

But like my mamma told me, "When the girl says 'No', it means no." 

Unless, of course, you are into BDSM and "No" isn't the safe word. And really, what fun would BDSM be if "No" was the safe word?

... danger zone! ...

Edited Sun 13th Jun 13:16 [history]

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

Unless, of course, you are into BDSM and "No" isn't the safe word. And really, what fun would BDSM be if "No" was the safe word?

You really shouldn't smoke being that young and fat. :/   Hi again everybody. Am I back?

Photobucket

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)