184 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 48
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yep - All maps that pass the council get to be included as a scenario on the main map.

2. #42 / 48
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I just thought of something. Scenario's are typically variations of a single map.  Won't this be flawed as far as rankings go since each map will more than likely be and play significantly different than the other?

3. #43 / 48
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Yeah - what Viper said.  How about releasing them all separately?  I don't see any harm in that.

4. #44 / 48
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Eh, they are all the same theme, and it seems like it would be cool if they are in a single board.

As long as they are balanced, they shouldn't really be "flawed", just players will have the opportunity to choose which type of Scenario they want to play on to get CPs.

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

5. #45 / 48
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think if this is a problem, then it is a (potential) problem for all scenarios.  Lots of times the scenarios for a map are quite different, and can play very differently.  These scenarios will probably be a bit more different than is typical, but I'd rather keep them on one map. 

Maybe it is worth revisiting how scenarios are treated in general?

6. #46 / 48
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Exactly what things are not changeable from scenario to scenario?  Board?, Territory location?, Standard Border type.. various rules, etc.  If everything is changeable, then that aspect of it is not a problem.  The description(s)/about(s) however, might be a mess. 

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

7. #47 / 48
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Exactly what things are not changeable from scenario to scenario?  Board?, Territory location?, Standard Border type.. various rules, etc.  If everything is changeable, then that aspect of it is not a problem.  The description(s)/about(s) however, might be a mess. 

Everything is changeable from Scenario to Scenario (and from Base Board to Scenario).

Board Description would be a bit of drawback, perhaps tom will update Scenarios to be able to display more by then :D

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

8. #48 / 48
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If Tom doesn't get to that update by then, then I think we should include a link in the base board description to each scenario's description page.  Not quite as nice as being able to access it through the wargear interface, but a lot better than nothing.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)